A compilation of UConn ECE awards, events, successes, inside classroom perspectives, news, research, and information that only social media friends and followers know about the ECE community.
The UConn Early College Experience community is far-reaching, diverse, and engaging. From events on campus to classroom activities and community happenings, UConn ECE students, teachers, administrators, and faculty coordinators do it all! Here are just a few social media posts dating back to January 2018.
• Photos of the poster session/ mini-symposium presented at the UConn Avery Point campus by Intro to Oceanography UConn ECE students from Ledyard High School, Waterford High School, The Morgan School, and Marine Science Magnet High School.
• Photos of UConn ECE Chemistry classes from Berlin High School and Orville H. Platt High School visiting the Chemistry labs on the UConn, Storrs campus.
• UConn ECE Rockville High School students receive awards at the 2018 UConn ECE Wallace Stevens Poetry contest in March (Patch.com)
• Dominic Corraro, beloved UConn ECE instructor in Italian and Spanish at Notre Dame High School in West Haven, is the new principal of Holy Trinity School in Wallingford!
• UConn ECE Student numbers series
• Windham High School UConn ECE HDFS1070 students’ Windham Cares Feminine Products drive
• Medieval Studies celebrated their 20th annual outreach with music by the Collegium Musicum under the direction of Professor Eric Rice, Department of Music
• UConn ECE Professional Development Awards winners and photos
• 53 of 112 seniors at Aero/Hydrospace Engineering Magnet HS were accepted to UConn
• Mrs. Charpentier and her ECE Biology class at Xavier High School students accepted to UConn Health Center’s eight-week mini Medical/Dental school program
• Video and photos from the Connecticut Science Olympiad, now hosted by the Office of Early College Programs
• Photos of Berlin High School’s UConn ECE Drawing I pieces
• Wilcox Tech’s Early College Experience English and Social studies teacher Andrew Taddei class gather school memorabilia Wednesday in preparation for Wilcox Technical High School’s 100th anniversary (myrecordjournal.com)
• Photos and winners of the 8th UConn Early College Experience Globalization Conference: Globalization’s Effects on Women’s Rights
• Photos of Norwich Tech’s UConn ECE American Studies and ECE Early American History classes at Connecticut History Day
• UConn ECE ambassador submissions/inside peek into UConn ECE classrooms
• Photos of NFA and Glastonbury High School UConn ECE students taking Chinese language courses at the Chinese New Year celebration with UConn Chinese language students
• UConn ECE political science students from AITE are exercising their rights and organizing a walk-out in support of gun control (StamfordAdvocate.com)
• Registration and billing dates, deadlines, and tips
Share your ECE stories with us. Like, friend, follow, tweet/ retweet, #tag and/or @ at us!